Sunday 29 March 2015

Final Digipak

I have now created my final Digipak for the band as one of my ancillary products. The following four pictures are pictures of exactly what I printed, all to scale. 



The following pictures depict what I did to create the CD case and its linear notes.
I folded the individual sheets for the linear notes along the spine, layed then in the correct place, to construct the right order. I then used spray mount to glue them together. I glued two halves together and then glued the front and back cover sheet onto the remaining two empty faces of the linear notes, to create the finished version. I then used a linear rotary cutter to cut off the excess paper. 

To create the final digipak, I followed a similar process, I backed both images onto a single piece of card, one picture on one side, the other on the opposing side. (I did not use card when sticking the linear notes, as it needed to be a booklet and not as thick and ridged as the Digipak.) Once the pictures were back on the card, I simply folded the edges and glued it together to create this final digipak.





To resolve the issue of the visable tabs, I was unable to find a perfect solution, but what I did worked to a much better standard than the previous version of my digipak. I cut the tabs a lot smaller, and glued them to one side of the sleeve so they were more hidden and discreet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment