Saturday 9 August 2014

Helpful videos

I have come across lots of videos helping you to create music videos, on any buget, I will list them below and explain how they were helpful.



It has a lot of simple but important and effect tips, such as considering continuity and camera angels. It also briefly goes into the basics of Adobe Premier.



This is a much more professional and helpful video. It has more detailed description of what they did, but also tips I wouldn't have considered, such as a countdown to the start of the music, to allow syncing footage and sound easier. Also, it went into detail about a very important and helpful part of the filming process. My current idea for my music video is to film the band, which is what they did in the youtube video. He said the way he achieved that was to focus on filming each band member through each run of the track, then move to the next band member. They also include a back story to the music video, another idea I want for my music video. It was helpful to see how they edited the footage together, from the back story to the band. He said all he did was create the full music video from just the band, then cut and add in the back story. And here is the final video, I think it is very good, and is pretty much what I want my music video to look like, but obviously I will have a much lower budget than the people who made this. 

This video make it look like it is very easy, however there could be a lot more barriers when I create my own video; more than the directors/producers of this video.

Such as;

  • My production budget is very small
  • I'm limited on location spaces
  • The quality of my equipment isn't as good
  • Finding actors/bit parts could prove to be difficult

1 comment:

  1. well done

    extend by Hypothesising what he challenges are likely to be

    ReplyDelete