Saturday 9 August 2014

iMovie- Split Screen Effect


Below is three images where 'split screen effect' has been used, and demonstrates how I could use it in my work.



When thinking of ideas for my music video, I knew I wanted to push myself and the skills I have, but also I wanted to create a very interesting music video that wasn't just standard shots. One idea for how I wanted to achieve this was to have a split screen at points, so you can see more than one of the band member's at any point.

Below is a video I found helping you to create that effect, and showing one way you can create it.



The pictures above don't all show what I really want my work to look like, but it gives you an idea of the way it can look.

Here is also a few music videos that use split screens;




In year 10 I created an animatic for an AC/DC music video, and I used the effects of split screens, and below I will embed the final animatic, which is very close to the thing I am going for.

3 comments:

  1. i think that you need to include more context - explain why you want to do a slip screen effect - make it clear if this is an aesthetic decision OR to meet conventions OR challenge conventions of editing and videoing techniques in the music video genre you are targetting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have put that in the post?
    'When thinking of ideas for my music video, I knew I wanted to push myself and the skills I have, but also I wanted to create a very interesting music video that wasn't just standard shots. One idea for how I wanted to achieve this was to have a split screen at points, so you can see more than one of the band member's at any point'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utilize the controls in the controller window to completely alter the Movement smash format. Clients can change the number, weight, gravity, thickness and effect of the smash impact to make perpetual cool looks. Motion Effects

    ReplyDelete