Tuesday 19 August 2014

Style of Video

In terms of the aesthetics and look of my music video, there were two ideas I have been thinking about for a while. Filming it in the rain, to give a dramatic, dystopian look to the video. However I was aware the members of the band wouldn't like that idea, as it would damage their equipment. The other idea I had was to use Powder paint. It means that I could get the same shots I would achieve with water but shouldn't damage the instruments. I did feel it was important to look into whether it would damage the instruments at all, but it proved to be very difficult. However I found music videos that use paint, such as the Blue Man Group, as you can see in this video, the use paint on the drums. It isn't however powder paint.




I have also put a post on social networks to see if other people can think of a music video where powder paint it used.

There are places I can buy this powder paint(holi), it isn't too expensive, but I can also make it. I have found a series of very helpful videos on YouTube as to how to make these paints. 

It is very easy to get hold of though if I decide not to make it, I can buy it from places like Ebay and Amazon, in a vary of colours and sizes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEMPERA-POWDER-PAINT-X-4-500G-TUBS-BLUE-GREEN-BLACK-RED-/331209258490?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item4d1d9c35fa

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fluorescent-Powder-Paint-Blue-2-5kg-/321476647137?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item4ad98058e1

1 comment:

  1. interesting idea - again reflective analysis/evaluation - what did the band think of it - have you continued with the idea - why/why not

    ReplyDelete