Wednesday 19 November 2014

Equipment Update

I have recently bought a new £700 camera, that also has a filming function on it. It is a 20.2 mega pixel camera, with the ability to film in full HD 1080p quality.

When it comes to filming my product the main camera I use will be with my own camera due to the high quality. I can also attach a microphone to make the audio quality better. http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Video-Shotgun-Microphone-Pentax/dp/B003TTMFM0
However this isn't massively necessary as I will probably remove the sound from the footage and add the song in later, as they quality won't be perfect, but I will also been directing and probably talking over the filming of the footage.

When I bought the camera it also came with two lens adapters to add to the end; a telephone adapter and a wide angle lens adapter. The wide angle lens is used a lot in music videos, particularly heavy rock or punk music videos where the singer often leads close into the camera.


As you can see from the screenshots of Blink 182's music video First Date. You can see if also adds a small level of distortion to the image, it gives it almost a slight fish eye effect to the video; which is also an effect I can achieve built into my camera. 

The standard shooting setting on my camera gives and image that looks like this, you can see it isn't distorted at all.     
As I said, my camera comes with a fish eye setting and this is a photograph taken on the weakest level of fish eye. As you can see there is some level of distortion but not a huge amount, just has a slight bend on the walls if you look closely. 
The is the camera set to medium fish eye. As you can see it is much stronger and has a fairly high level of distortion. 

The is the camera on the highest fish eye setting and you can see it has a really high level of distortion to the image.
I also got a wide angle lens adapter for my camera. When it is zoomed in the distortion isn't that high, similar to that of the fish eye setting on the lowest setting- there is only a small bend on the edge of the walls and door frames. 
You can see when the camera is zoomed out the distortion is much stronger and adds a kind of fish eye effect to the view. But does also result in a vignette effect over the photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment