Wednesday 18 February 2015

Studio/Production/Distribution Logo- Conventional?


Throughout the time of editing my production I have been toying between whether to put these logos into the video, I was just unsure as to whether this was conventional or not. So I decided to do some research into whether is was conventional or not.Using Vimeo as my platform I search a vary of songs, but focused mainly on the music videos in a similar convention to my own client. I searched lots of videos for lots of artists and only came across a few who mentioned any legalities or companies. Two being Biffy Clyro and Slipknot. And even then it wasn't an image just a company name and who the rights are reserved too, 


So for my own work I decided to add a fade out to a black screen with just a line that says 'all rights reserved by Phantascope Studios'. I felt like it was important for the copy right symbol to before the All rights reserved as this is convention and I believe legality if all rights reserved is stated.  To the left is a web page discussion I found on how to insert a copy right symbol into final cut. And below is me inserting the symbol. 














As I said I decided to add a fade into the end of the product, but to make it more interesting, I made the text appear in the last few seconds of the video and it stays on screen as the music video fades to black it stays on the screen. I feel like this made the production look more professional and ends it nicely.

Following my research, I have come to the conclusion that there is sometimes the Studio logo, but not the other logos as these aren't particularly conventional.

No comments:

Post a Comment