Sunday 21 December 2014

Make up for my production


A good friend of mine, Ellen Archer studies Media Hair and Make Up at city college. I will be using her to do the make up for my production. I have given her rough sketches of how I want the make up to look. On set she informed me that she was also interested in creating the costumes for the zombies too, so she could add the whole group of zombies make up, hair and costume to her portfolio.  Ellen ripped the zombies costumes where she felt appropriate and I told them I wanted them to be scruffy and muddy etc. They then went outside and they rolled in the dirty to get the messy look I wanted. Following the drawings I made for my make up artist, she created wax wounds on their faces/bodies, added fake blood to the wounds and their clothes. I wanted the zombies to have pale faces, pinky eyes and back combed hair.
This was the final outcome of my zombies hair, make up and costume. Below are close ups of the wounds on the zombies faces.






I was very, very pleased with the outcome of the zombies make up. as it was very convincing and effective. I particularly like the fake wounds on the models faces and bodies. 


Although the band didn't require any make up for their scenes as a normal human band, they needed to have make up for the zombie scenes. Ellen(my make up artist) followed the same idea of make up and hair for the band when they are zombies. As shown below(I apologise for the faces in the pictures, the band are never serious)




Here is the group shot of all the band members in their costumes. I didn't want to change their costumes and make them dirty etc for continuity reasons. The original zombies came from outside so them being dirty makes sense, however the band members never left the building they were playing in, so would have no way of getting dirty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment