Wednesday 17 December 2014

Planning The Shoot

I learnt from last year that planning the shots and camera angles precisely is very, very important. And as I'm directing so many people and need to use so many cameras, its even more important. On my production last year I used 2 cameras but mainly 1 the majority of the time. However this year I will be using 3/4, and will be getting some other people to help me film it is key I have it planned so well. 

Below are a few pages of very detailed plans I created to use on the day for camera angles. Not only does it help me consider where the cameras will be, I can ensure they won't overlap other cameras and get them on film too, but also the physical camera angle, what they will film and how they will film.
I have also considered keeping one camera person in a position from shot to shot so they don't have to move too much. To ensure the best continuity, ideally the camera man shouldn't turn off the camera but will obviously need to move at one point but can't be caught on camera by the other camera men. So the prevent this happening I have planned it so that the camera men don't have to move a huge amount.

I have an intention to get some coloured tap and tape the floor where I need each camera man to help directing them easier.






1 comment:

  1. clear concise planning
    can you link to your storyboards perhaps? just add a link to the post the storyboard/animatic is in

    ReplyDelete